1991 Pilot Study
Updates & Errata
Current Dataset Release: May 3, 1999 Version
November 19, 2015
The following errata describes certain discrepancies in the data contained in the 1990 ANES Time Series Study, 1990 ANES Pilot Study, and 1990-92 ANES Merged File.
In all three studies, there are two cases that contain erroneous data for the variable V900099 (B5A. Do you approve/disapprove strongly or not strongly?). For case 1196 the response should be coded “1” (Strongly). For case 1600 the response should be coded “4” (Not strongly).
Current Dataset Release: October 1998 CD-ROM Version
The codebook entries and data definition file (.SAS and .SPS file) variable labels incorrectly identify the following probes:
- V912262 – Probe for V912217 R’s Senator #1
- V912263 – Probe for V912218 R’s Senator #2
- V912264 – Probe for V912219 R’s Congressperson
Variable labels incorrectly list V912217 as the feeling thermometer for R’s Congressperson, V912218 as the thermometer for R’s Senator #1 and V912219 as the thermometer for R’s Senator #2. The data are correct, but the correct descriptions are as follows:
- V912217 – Feeling thermometer (from the 1991 Pilot)for R’s Senator #1 Note: Pennsylvania cases, the name asked was Harris Wofford
- V912218 – Feeling thermometer (from the 1991 Pilot) for R’s Senator #2
- V912219 – Feeling thermometer (from the 1991 Pilot) for R’s Congressperson